Chemist - paying $26.25 / Hour
Mount Vernon, IN 47620 US
Chemist - Paying $26.25 / Hour
Responsible for performing analytical testing on pharmaceutical raw materials, components and/or finished product in support of manufacturing production and according to policy and procedures. Must have skill sets in wet chemistry, HPLC, UPLC or dissolution testing as well as basic laboratory techniques.
- Performs routine qualitative and quantitative analytical chemistry tests or audits on laboratory samples as assigned at a high level with a focus on quality and efficiency. Performs data review activities as required. Participates in QC team discussions and process improvement teams.
- Organizes daily work to ensure completion in a timely manner. Follow established methods, utilize approved laboratory techniques and perform routine calculations.
- Maintains current, complete, legible notebooks and laboratory records in compliance with good scientific and regulatory practices. Maintains adequate inventories of reagents, glassware, and other supplies.
- Writes and executes laboratory investigations for known laboratory errors and OOS results using Trackwise and/or other QC procedures.
- Executes laboratory processes in compliance with GMPs, site and corporate policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and test methods. Immediately reports deviations that have the potential to compromise product quality.
- Maintains a safe work environment by following all Health & Safety policies and procedures; immediately reports potential unsafe conditions to supervision.
- Maintains awareness of safety and emergency procedures and good laboratory practices as they apply to the work area.
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as necessary.
- B.S./B.A. degree required, ideally in a scientific or technical discipline.
- Basic understanding of cGMPs and regulatory requirements as they relate to laboratory practices and manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of technical areas related to pharmaceutical manufacturing, analytical chemistry analyses, statistical methods, quality control, and quality assurance.
- Possesses working knowledge of chemistry discipline.
- Ability to interpret experiments and understand the range of working procedures in the team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team-based culture.
- Ability to work in an action-oriented, fast-paced, and rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm.
- Strong computer skills required.
- $26.25 / hour
- Excellent medical, dental, vision benefits, vacation and holidays
TO APPLY: If your background and qualifications match this position, please send your updated resume to:
Vicki Hubiak, President / CEO
Please know that, due to volume of responses, only those candidates who meet the requirements described above will be contacted.
To see all of our career opportunities, visit us at:
HR Solutions, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At HR Solutions, Inc. we take pride in developing effective and professional relationships with our clients. We have been selective in building our own staff from the most highly qualified, certified, and experienced individuals in the Tri-State area. Our team of consultants has accumulated extensive Human Resources experience in Staffing, Executive Recruiting, Corporate Outplacement, Executive Coaching, Training and Organizational Development.
Meet Your Recruiter
President / CEO
Earned a bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Marketing from the University of Evansville. Prior to starting her business, she was Employee Relations Manager with Peabody Energy. She has over 20 years of experience in HR specializing in executive recruiting, corporate outplacement, consulting and career management. In 2008 Vicki obtained the Certified Business / Executive Coach designation through the Certified Coaches.